[openbeos] Re: <storage/Alert.h>

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 16:40:57 +0200 (MET DST)

On Sun, 12 May 2002, Axel =?iso-8859-1?q?D=F6rfler ?= wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > does anyone have an idea about the meaning of the functions defined
> > in
> > `storage/Alert.h'?
>
> You mean Alias.h, I guess :)

Of course I do. It's just more eye catching this way. ;-)

> Since even Tracker doesn't use those functions :), and they don't seem
> to be documented at all, I would just ignore them - that is, any
> application that needs those two functions cannot be started.
> If we come across an application which really uses them, we can try to
> add that functionality, but I don't think that we can find one?!

At least on my hard disk are none. Not even resolve_link() is used.
Guess, you are right.

> Anyway, we could also come up with some test applications to find out
> what these functions are supposed to do, but I don't think it's worth
> the effort - in that specific case.

Probably not. And I'm not really sure, if would be possible to
reverse-engineer the functions with a poorly understood notion of an
alias.

CU, Ingo (relieved removing Alias.h from is ToDo list)