[openbeos] Re: status of OpenBeOS

  • From: Charlie Clark <charlie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 May 2003 00:06:35 +0200

On 2003-05-03 at 23:56:08 [+0200], you wrote:
> Now, lets get serious
>
> OpenBeos consists one large commutity, i am SURE a lot of ppl emailed you
> wanting to work. Has someone organized the thing?

OpenBeOS is organised. The principles and structure are explained on the
website. If you want to join in, find a kit that interests you and where
people are required (I believe there is a vacancy on the network kit team)
and discuss it on the kit mailing list.

> I havent actually seen smth out of the OBOS project, accept that neat BFS
> Driver.

As has been explained several times, most recently at BeGeistert 010 last
weekend: OpenBeOS is progressing but a lot of kits require the kernel of
other libraries before we can download and install them.

> Isnt it a time for a re-organization?

Definitely not. The guys who are working on the project and I'm happy to
say that I've met most of them are getting on with their kits.

Charlie