[openbeos] Re: static libs for drivers

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 16:42:34 +0200 CEST

"Waldemar Kornewald" <Waldemar.Kornewald@xxxxxx> wrote:
> But the code itself is compiled with exceptions. A call to "new"
> might throw
> an exception, but the driver has nothing that could handle this. Why
> are
> exceptions and templates turned off when compiling a driver then?

Templates are allowed and working in the kernel - they don't rely on
any additional runtime libraries.
But the rest is true, you have to compile your code without exceptions
or RTTI. Therefore, you should use "KernelStaticLibrary" to compile a
static library for use in the kernel.
Just have a look at other Jamfiles or our Jamrules directly, and you'll
find lots of useful information.

Adios...
   Axel.