[openbeos] Re: static libs for drivers

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 18:45:46 +0200 CEST

"Ingo Weinhold" <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > or RTTI. Therefore, you should use "KernelStaticLibrary" to compile
> > static library for use in the kernel.
> > Just have a look at other Jamfiles or our Jamrules directly, and
> > you'll
> > find lots of useful information.
> I don't know, if KernelStaticLibrary is the right rule. AFAIK it is
> intended for static libs for our kernel, while for the networking
> stuff
> you will probably want to use BeOS for the time being.

As long as they are built as userland apps, that's right, yes. I
assumed he wanted to build a kernel module.

> What you want to your Jamfile is:
>   SubDirCcFlags -D_KERNEL_MODE=1 -no-fpic ;
>   SubDirC++Flags -D_KERNEL_MODE=1 -no-fpic -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti
> ;
> The C++ flags disable exceptions and RTTI, if you don't want those.
> Unless I missed it, Axel hasn't put his cpp.{cpp,h} to public
> locations, so you will have to add also:

I haven't yet added cpp.{cpp,h} anywhere (and it wouldn't help him if
he wants to create a BeOS binary), but I have locally added KERNEL_C++
FLAGS for my Jamrules- I will commit it shortly to the repository for
you to review :-)

Adios...
   Axel.