[openbeos] Re: state-keeping app

  • From: "Jonas Sundstrom" <kirilla@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 20:10:53 CEST (+0200)

Axel Dörfler wrote:
> Something like this would be cool - and it would allow for a
> system defined way of storing/restoring states at any time,
> not just on shutdown.

I thought some more about this at work today, and I came to think
of that with an application like ShowImage you may want to restore
its state after a reboot / logoff-logon, but when explicitly quitting
the app, you probably want a clean slate the next time you open it.

I suppose such apps could ignore the previous state, if launched
with arguments or file references, but I would feel better having
spent some more time thinking it through.

/Jonas Sundstrom. ~ www.kirilla.com ~ www.kioki.com