[haiku] Re: state of the fat32 fs driver

  • From: Jerry Babione <jerry.babione@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 19:39:56 -0600

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 5:44 PM, <SMC.Collins@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 8 Feb 2012 at 21:07, Jimmy wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> > can sombody tell me how stable the fat32 support is in the latest dev
> (gcc2hybrid) builds. I had
> > some fs corruption using alpha3 build and want to start using Haiku more
> w/o rebooting.
> > Jimmy
>
> It seems better since a few months back, I don't know what got fixed but
> it was sometime
> after BG or during, I noticed that fat32 stopped having problems. I use
> fat32 all the time,
> never any problems that cuaght my attention, though ymmv
>
> Sean

Both Fat32 and NTFS support are sound.  I've had no errors after Alpha 3
was issued.  The problems I had were on the Alpha 2 release.  The major
link to those problems had to do with mount points.  I resolved the
problems by simply making sure all deletions were purged before I
dismounted the drive.

--
Jerry Babione
Founder-Just Plain Folks Org. Inc.