[openbeos] Re: starting posix

  • From: Mathew Hounsell <mat.geek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 18:30:42 -0800 (PST)

> I am now getting started on the posix stuff that has been assigned to me.

Since you are just starting on the posix stuff, it might be 'pro-active' to
aim for subset compliance with the Linux Standards Base. There is a strong
push within the *nix world for this. That and it should be posix compliant.

http://www.linuxbase.org
Full Specs as plain/text
http://www.linuxbase.org/spec/refspecs/LSB_1.0.0/gLSB.txt

eg
__assert_fail

Name

__assert_fail -- abort the program after false assertion

Synopsis

void
__assert_fail(const char *assertion,
              const char *file,
              unsigned int line,
              const char *function);

Description

This function, when passed a string containing an asserted expression, a
filename, and a line number, prints a message on the standard error stream
such as:

    a.c:10: foobar: Assertion a == b failed.

It then aborts program execution via a call to abort. The exact form of the
message is up to the implementation.

If FUNCTION is NULL, then omit information about the function.

FILE, LINE, and ASSERTION must be non-NULL.

__assert_fail is not in the source standard; it is only in the binary
standard.

 Get 100% private, FREE email for life from Excite Australia
 Visit http://inbox.excite.com.au/