[openbeos] Re: spawning a browser for MAN pages

  • From: "Jared Eldredge" <jared@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed,03 Mar 2004 23:57:21 Local time zone must be set--see zic manual page

> >... but remote connections via  telnet
> > require something other than _just_ a GUI browser option.  perhaps
> > over-use telnet?
>
> Maybe :-)
> I think one thing which would be great to have is remote desktop
> capability - but that is something for R2.
>
> Bye,
>    Axel.

i cant argue there - even VNC would be nice - i wish i wanted it badly
enough to learn how to update one of the two available vnc servers.
maybe even a BeOS specific analog to remote sessions of X?  seems to me
that the app server gets told to draw some pretty basic stuff most of
the time (not to under sell the app_server) and these msg's could be
sent across a network much easier than chunks of a screen capture.  or
should i just go email GlassElevator and see what stirs when this is
poured into the mix? :)

a good remote desktop server/client would will be a nice feature in R2.
-jared

--
Automated (hopefully never vulgar):

Is not marriage an open question, when it is alleged, from the
beginning of the world, that such as are in the institution wish to get
out, and such as are out wish to get in?
                -- Ralph Emerson