[openbeos] Re: sound.h header (R3 driver API)

  • From: "Marcus Overhagen" <ml@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 21:56:00 CEST (+0200)

> I was just discussing about the R3 audio driver API, when I realised
> every driver source I saw included its own version, each slightly different,
> of the audio driver headers... sound.h and another one...

Yes, this is because Be considered the R3 sound driver API as private,
but published it in two Newsletter articles, and with the sample driver.

> I think we should fix these, and choose one to stick to.
Yes, I agree. But we should still consider the R3 driver API as
deprecated, and not encourage to use it with new drivers

> I crawled the CVS but didn't find it in the current/ tree..., but maybe it's
> in one of the old branches...

I added it about three weeks ago to the current tree.

It is in current/headers/private/media/OldSoundDriver.h

because I don't want to have it as public API.

> Else someone pointed me to this one:
>
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/sis4be/sis7018/sound.h?rev=1.2&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

I would like to point you to
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/open-beos/current/headers/private/media/OldSoundDriver.h

This file should work, but in the no so long term, we need something better,
like
multiaudio api.

Marcus