[haiku] some questions from a complete newbe

  • From: Dick <dick@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2018 20:15:58 +0100 (CET)

Hi,
I have read for about a week about this os now and decided to give it a try. I have a hp pavillion laptop here with 6gb ram, amd a4 6210 processor and 1tb hard drive. The machien runs horrible in windows 10 and runs quite ok but slow in ubuntu so i wanted to give haiku a try. Because i had only empy cds here i downloaded the latest nightly image. On the site is stated this image is smaller because some packages are left out, but i can install them from depot. But nowhere on the site is told which packages are left out and should be installed from depot, can i get a list of this packages?
another question: my partner will test with this machine because i am blind myself. did someone ever think about inplementing accessibility for the blind in haiku?
best regards, Dick