[openbeos] Re: software question....

  • From: Gabe Yoder <gyoder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 11:35:54 -0500

On Monday 15 December 2003 05:27 am, you wrote:
> Hi,
> I am a non-developer for open beos, but I have been on your mailing list
> for sometime now.
>
> I was wondering when you guys will have open beos ready for public use.
>
> Thanks,
> Kathryn

The only accurate timeframe we can give is "when it is ready".  From what I
understand, the 3 biggest areas that need improvement are kernel, net stack,
and app_server.  I have no idea about how much is left on the kernel or net
stack, but I expect that the app_server will at least go alpha in 2004.