[haiku] Re: selecting a video device

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 16:45:45 +0200

Le 11/09/2011 22:14, Axel Dörfler a écrit :
> On 09/11/2011 09:50 PM, Michael Mounteney wrote:
>> The BIOS doesn't offer any such option.  Both display adaptors are
>> internal.
>
> Then you are unfortunately out of luck for now, as DVI output is not yet
> supported for the Intel Extreme.
> I recently bought a new monitor, and have now an incentive to work on it
> though, I am just very short on time these days, so it may take almost
> forever.

On BeOS, it was possible to hack the Bootscript to add something like
ln -s /dev/graphics/pci_nnnn_mmmm_001 /dev/graphics/_firstcard
early before starting app_server,
and have it picked first by app_server since it was alpha-sorted.

Sadly Haiku's devfs doesn't seem to support symlinks (yet ?).

François.