[openbeos] Re: screen saver kit bin incompatibility

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 23:35:43 +0100

On 2004-02-09 at 23:23:03 [+0100], Axel Dörfler wrote:
> > > Addons expect them unmangled.
> > I mean with no underscore prefix.
>
> Ah, now I got it (indeed, I just found out myself) :-)

Damn, I missed that, too. :-)

> Maybe that's a pre R5 or even R4 relict in BeOS? Our screen_blanker/
> ScreenBlanker apps should export those, too, and that should solve the
> issues for those screen saver add-ons that were linked that way.
> If you compile and link a screen saver in R5, the functions have the
> underscore.
> But anyway, that seems to be the reason why Michael found that some
> blankers wouldn't work with his kit :)
> Thanks very much for the info!

BTW, <ScreenSaver.h> (R5's and ours) is a bit broken anyway. The definition
of

        _EXPORT int32 saverVersionID;

is not a good idea, since every source file that includes that header will
define and export that symbol. Maybe it should read:

        extern int32 saverVersionID;

This would make more sense at least. But it's undocumented anyway.

CU, Ingo