[openbeos] Re: scheduler/reminder

  • From: "Adi Oanca" <e2joseph@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 01:46:18 +0300

From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
> Selon Adi Oanca <e2joseph@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> > From: "François Revol"
> > > Selon Jonas Sundstrom

> > > Noone stops you from making a Joe-friendly gui interface to crontab :)
> >
> >     But I thought our philosophy is:
> >
> You don't have to always rewrite things from scratch.
> cron is a widely used app.
> Having a gui on top would help make everyone happy.
> Those like me that want to to it the hard way, and
> those who want something à la M$ scheduler in the
> taskbar.

    Ah, well... If you someone is to do it the hard way, he would also make
a reminder/scheduler module and link with its app against it. So cron might
be just fine. Pity he cannot link against it. :-(

PS: STILL think that for a good app a module needs to be done! :-) (for
messaging between app and r/s module).

Adi.