[openbeos] Re: scheduler/reminder

  • From: "Vassilis Perantzakis" <vaspervnp@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 01:36:10 +0300

I agree in part with you, but scripting is the wrong example, since scripting
and CLI ARE for geeks :-) I don't have a single non geek friend or client that
would be able to use scripting even VBScript for Windows... let alone C++ like
scripting of POSIX. Most don't even know how to see a directory in a terminal
(yes, I am talking about the ls command - or dir for M$ OSes). This is the
world of a user. CLI is good for administrative uses, but unless OBOS is
planned as server oriented we need strong GUI too. CLI can always be under the
hood (like the CD Player) and as strong as ever.

P.S. I am a computer geek myself. And this is getting of topic... :-)

Vassilis