[openbeos] Re: scheduler/reminder

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 00:10:10 +0200

Selon Vassilis Perantzakis <vaspervnp@xxxxxxxx>:

> We shouldn't make another Linux... BeOS is a GUI oriented OS. The terminal is
> there because JLG chose to have POSIX compatibility. Maybe not for R1, but
> for R1.1 there should be a GUI front-end for every Terminal service. I like
> it the hard way too, but I will not convince too many of my friends to use
> OBOS if it is not heavily GUI.
>
> Vassilis

BeOS is not about only GUI.
It's about GUI which makes things easy, but doesn't hide them
just for the sake of it. If you have a look at the Terminal,
you'll see many things have a CLI counterpart, even the CD
player. (hint: /bin/play)
Dont forget CLI isn't only about geeks who want to make it
hard.
It's also about scripting...

Now, this is getting off topic.
Besides we have discussed that numerous times.

François.