[openbeos] Re: scheduler/reminder

  • From: "Adi Oanca" <e2joseph@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 12:44:06 +0300

From: "Johan Fänge" <mllist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

From: <burton666@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> >    I didn't say they are mutually exclusive! I said a GUI app shouldn't
rely on
> >a CLI one!
>

> Well, I guess the best shot would be using a library which both apps link
to, but IMNHO, writing a GUI frontend for a CLI app isn't that bad, if it's
done as it should.
> I bet you can't tell the difference between a frontend and a real GUI app.
>
> Problems start arising when the frontend isn't polished enough, and you
start returning errors like "Foo requires the -z parameter", which clearly
shows you're using a CLI app.

> For an example of a good frontend, have a look at Arcade@home under
windows. It's a mame frontend, I've used it for years, and I always
preferred it over Mame32, which is a "real" GUI app.

    Oh well... everybody has it's own opinion about things, so I say: do it
the best way you think it's possible.

Adi/