[openbeos] Re: scheduler/reminder

  • From: burton666@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 22 Sep 2003 07:25:18 -0000

>    I didn't say they are mutually exclusive! I said a GUI app shouldn't rely
> on
>a CLI one!

Well, I guess the best shot would be using a library which both apps link to,
but IMNHO, writing a GUI frontend for a CLI app isn't that bad, if it's done as
it should.
I bet you can't tell the difference between a frontend and a real GUI app.

Problems start arising when the frontend isn't polished enough, and you start
returning errors like "Foo requires the -z parameter", which clearly shows
you're using a CLI app.

For an example of a good frontend, have a look at Arcade@home under windows.
It's a mame frontend, I've used it for years, and I always preferred it over
Mame32, which is a "real" GUI app.

Incontri: amicizie, relazioni, trasgressione
http://incontri.supereva.it/cgi-bin/index.chm?partner=904

messaggio inviato con Freemail by www.superEva.it