[openbeos] Re: scheduler/reminder

  • From: "Jonas Sundstrom" <kirilla@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 11:52:47 +0200 CEST

François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Usually it's just a matter of collecting status of BControls,
> and constructing a command line from those.

True, if it's a simple one-shot "here's your arguments, now go!"
kind of CLI app. No user feedback on errors or difficulties, and
no prompting the user.

> In the case of cron, crontab really is just a program that launches
> vi to edit the table, and sends a message to crond to reread it.
> So a gui would just parse the table, rewrite it, and ask crond to
> update. No need to talk to crontab.

Good. I won't question the use of cron as long as it gets a GUI,
and it turns out to be suitable for what we want to use it for.
(Brian Tietz' Scheduler is a good target to shoot for)

/Jonas Sundström.                        www.kirilla.com