[openbeos] Re: scheduler/reminder

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 10:59:33 +0200

Selon Ben Allen <Ben_Allen@xxxxxxxxxx>:

> > there should be a GUI front-end for every Terminal service. I like it
> > the hard way too...
>
> Has anyone out there written a GUI for a termianl app (for example:
> TrackerGrep)?  Would this be the kind of thing that some average-level
> coders could tackle, or is it harder than it might at first seem?

Usually it's just a matter of collecting status of BControls,
and constructing a command line from those.

In the case of cron, crontab really is just a program that launches
vi to edit the table, and sends a message to crond to reread it.
So a gui would just parse the table, rewrite it, and ask crond to
update. No need to talk to crontab.

François.