[openbeos] Re: scheduler/reminder

  • From: Lars Hansson <lars-openbeos-misc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 12:13:01 +0800

On Sat, 2003-09-20 at 06:54, Adi Oanca wrote:
>     I disagree here... Hiding some things makes it more easy. Compare GNOME
> to KDE for example.

Huh? What? WHat does comparing KDE to GNOME have to do with hiding
things?
And yes, hiding things for the sake of hiding is bad. Hiding doesnt make
anything more easy, quite the opposite. That's not to say that a GUI
frontend is bad, not at all, but there's no point in hiding the stuff
beneath just for the sake of hiding.

>     Does Windows have such a thing?

There are CLI cd players for Windows, yes.

>     :-) Sorry, that the way I see it!

I really dont see where this idea that CLI's and GUI's are mutually
exclusive comes from. They both have their place and they *compliment*
eachother, not competes with eachother.

>     Yeah, for lazy programmers! :-)
>
> The RIGHT to go, is not to use scripting, BUT modules! IHO of course.

Nonsense. Not everything can be done with a module/addon and not
everything can be done with a script. Again, these are not mutually
exclusive concepts.

--
Lars Hansson <lars@xxxxxxxxxxx>