[openbeos] santa's gift bag replacement

  • From: Kobi Lurie <k_lurie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 14:23:03 +0200

Don't you feel it would be valueable to have something
like Santa's gift bag that will allow rapid gui development?
(many already existing gui components)
or is it something for the next app_kit in R2 ?

i believe we should retain the simple ui elements from the app_kit
and provide a library for fast gui dev. so that we can create, say,
beshare's ui, in a couple of minutes :))
if anybody wants s/he can use the basic app_kit code, and program from scratch.

ofcourse, the library would not use fixed positions, and be relative,
font sensitive, and all the goodies u want, plus already made fast gui
components..
i believe it's something the obos project should be in charge of,
since it's not an app, it's closer to a system library.
(and would provide one standard way)

what do you think?