[openbeos] Re: resource files, application signatures, and icons

  • From: Andrew Edward McCall <mccall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 22:43:24 +0000

On Friday 27 September 2002 21:39, you wrote:
> En réponse à beos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
> > >What I would urge people to do is use
> >
> > "application/x-vnd.OBOS.ApplicationName
> >
> > >Thats, use OBOS (we can replace that easy enough!) period Name (with
> >
> > leading caps).
> >
> > Agreed. This looks neat and easy to correct later.
>
> though I still think some should stay with the Be Inc sig (obviously

We will *NOT* be using the Be* name for any part of the project.

This has already been decided, keeping it opens up the major code
contributers, and Michael Phipps to very large court cases, and runs the risk
of having C&D served to the project for distribution of the code meaning all
our work is out of our hands.....

....which may happen anyway as we are using the BeAPI (which is also
copyright, but we seem to be ignoring that for the time being!).

Andrew