[openbeos] Re: resource files, application signatures, and icons

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 23:44:19 +0200 (MEST)

En réponse à Scott MacMaster <zqxh@xxxxxxx>:

> What's with x-vnd?  What does it mean?  What about something like
> this?

x = extention (= not normalised or listed in the mime official list)
vnd = VeNDor I guess.

I don't see why we would get rid of this, just seems familiar to me now =)

> application/obos.x86.company.program_name
>
> or if sub items are possible ( I would prefer this)
>
> application/obos/x86/company/program_name

I wonder is the MIME specs allow a 2nd slash (that is if it allows
namespace subdivision, as the slash looks like a reserved char).

François.