[openbeos] Re: resource files, application signatures, and i

  • From: Mat Hounsell <mat_geek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 15:41:46 +1000 (EST)

Only one slash is allowed by the standard.
X signifies unregistered vendor nuetral (open), and x-vnd is vendor specific.

I remember this was discussed a while ago, and I may be (intentionally)
misremembering but I believe the form was

super-type/info.other-info.any-more-info

e.g. text/x-vnd-ms.word.2000.huffman

Beyond that there are only conventions, e.g. app becomes.

application/x-vnd-vendor.application.format.etc

e.g. application/x-vnd-osbos.styled-edit

http://mobile.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Messenger for SMS
- Always be connected to your Messenger Friends