[openbeos] Re: rebooting remotely on beos

  • From: "Cedric Degea" <cdegea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 19:31:19 +0200

.
>shutdown -r -q
>so it reboots without quitting every app (I suppose it only syncs,
>killteam(foreach team), then reboot).

/bin/shutdown communicates with the registrar, just sends it
a particular BMessage, and this roster in turn does the "quit
requested" thing with all regsitered BApplications.

(and the "tidying things up a bit" label probably maps
to a sync() indeed since I've typically seen it stick long
enough on screen to be readable, when I had lots of recent
disk activity only).

--
http://cdegea.free.fr/ | BeDev E-16870
"What's oil got to do, got to do with it" -- F02 Chorus