[haiku] rdef <->meta-mime?

  • From: Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Haiku <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 17:07:08 -0700

Hi,

I notice that in the source tree, the data that will become meta-mime
is kept as rdef files.  How (when) is the translation between the two
done?  And in particular, is there any way of creating an rdef from
a meta-mime entry?

I've been working on a mimetype for soundfonts, and I have the
meta-mime entry nicely indentifying them, giving them a filetype
and displaying an icon.  I'm about to enter an enhancement
ticket, and it would seem the best way of posting the data
involved would be as an rdef.  Be nice if I could just create it,
rather than typing it up by hand.

Thanks,

        -- Pete --