[openbeos] question about 64-bit processors

  • From: Warren Myers <volcimaster@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 12:36:08 -0400

Hi, I'm new to this list, and may have missed this topic in the
archives. If so, I apologize for bringing it out again. However, I
have an AMD64-based system, and always wondered why BeOS didn't
support 64-bit processors like the Alpha. I haven't done much
systems-level programming in the past, mostly utilities and quick
tools for myself and others, but I think this project would be great
to port/target the AMD64 (and possibly IA64) architecture.

If anyone has any ideas on this, I'd love to hear them. I'm looking
forward to helping out with the project.

-Warren