[openbeos] Re: question

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 15:17:23 +0200

On 2007-05-14 at 08:35:09 [+0200], Raynald Lesieur
<Raynald.Lesieur@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >On 2007-05-10 at 13:03:04 [+0200], Raynald Lesieur
> ><Raynald.Lesieur@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >>
> >>     I have install all tools and Haiku Tree on my PC with Dano.
> >>
> >>     I have some problems for generate application "Pulse", not for
> >>     "Clock"
> >> for example.
> >>
> >> the errors are :
> >>
> >> /Divers/haiku/headers/os/kernel/image.h:67: syntax error before
> >`load_image'
> >> /Divers/haiku/headers/os/kernel/image.h:69: syntax error before
> >> `load_add_on'
> >> ... ....
> >>
> >>    when I launch the command jam Pulse
> >
> >Not sure why that would happen. The header looks OK. Are you using the
> >right
> >compiler? Do you build for target platform "haiku" or "dano"?
>
>     Yes, the last gcc with dano special installation, and I have configure
> "dano" target.

The Pulse build for non-"haiku" target platform is indeed quite hackish
(header/os/kernel is added to the system include directories), so I'm not
unsurprised that it doesn't build for "dano" (it does for "r5" BTW).

IMO, those kind of hacks as well as all compatibility tweaks in Haiku headers
(#ifdef COMPILE_FOR_R5, #ifndef __HAIKU__) should be removed. There's
headers/build/HaikuBuildCompatibility.h for definitions missing on BeOS
platforms.

> >>     And in second way, how I can make a simple driver for example cx23882
> >> with Jam command ?
> >
> >Just replace "Pulse" by the name of the driver you want to build.
>
>    I tested without success the driver cx23882, but jam does not find the
>    way
> of compiling.

If that is the case, then the driver cannot be compiled for BeOS ATM. This
might be, because the driver really can't be compiled for BeOS or just
because noone enabled it yet.

In the latter case you can try adding the following line after the initial
"SubDir ..." line in the Jamfile responsible for the driver:

SetSubDirSupportedPlatformsBeOSCompatible ;

CU, Ingo