[openbeos] Re: problem with ssh and random driver

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 00:15:55 +0200 CEST

> Hello,
>
> I reinstalled my BeOS R5, and installed our OpenSSH and Subversion
> packages.
> I hoped to have ssh working, but once run, it seems it blocks in
> opening the
> /dev/random entry.
> Actually doing a "cat /dev/random" gives the very same effect, and
> the very same
>  stacktrace.

Always worked for me... it's the random driver from our tree btw, the
only one that supports select().

Now, do you happen to use R5 inside VPC or vmware ?
Someone reported that problem in VPC.
Since this driver uses scheduling to generate randomness... if the
timings are screwed as they are in vmware by default it might get it
mad.

François.