[haiku] Re: pkgman broken in 47380

  • From: Ronald Copley <ronald.copley@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2014 01:18:40 -0400

I’m attempting to update from 47380. I have now read the tickets and understand
the situation, but I’m uncertain how to obtain nightly builds that aren’t on
the main Haiku website. I’ve checked out the sources from git, but the build
instructions are useless and the gcc compile bails before anything compiles. I
am new to Haiku, but I’ve been a UNIX systems developer for quite a few years,
perhaps I’m just experiencing learning curve.

On September 20, 2014 at 17:51:23, Ingo Weinhold (ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx) wrote:

On 09/20/2014 10:12 PM, Ronald Copley wrote:
> I add the recommended repo and when I run the update, during the clean
> up process I get a “cannot remove directory not empty” and normal exit.
> In /boot/system/packages I don’t find the downloaded updates, they are
> still in /boot/system/packages/administrative/transaction* directories.

Please have a look at [1].

CU, Ingo

[1] https://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/11035