[openbeos] Re: our own language -- sure

  • From: "Andrew Edward McCall" <mccall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 14:57:12 -0800

>>    interested should subscribe. The cvs will open up soon
>>    and I'll announce on the mailing list. I  need a good C++
>>    programmer to finish the javah redo. - clay
>
>Well, like some others, I am subscribed to this mailing list.
>Clay hasn't written anything there for some time.
>
>And I would be interested to help out :-)
>
>Adios...
>   Axel.

I agree that OpenBeOS will need something like Java, I am wondering if
this should be a focus point at this moment in the project. Porting Java
to BeOS is a massive task, and there are plenty of other tasks that are
more important right now to be done.

Would it not make more sense to get OpenBeOS up to the level that BeOS
is right now, and then start to think about porting Java?

Just my two pence.

Andrew Edward McCall
mccall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx