[openbeos] Re: our own language

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 23:28:05 +0100 (MET)

We have one already:
http://rgb.free.fr/
(though it's shareware)

My point on this:
* C++ is not that difficult, just need some willing to get mastered.
* don't create YetAnotherLanguage (moreover a VB-like :-( ), there are already
plenty of those. we have perl, python (with GUI bindings IIRC)... and bbc :)

Though I remember I begun just like a lot of ppl with BASIC...
I'd say that is good for beginners to get in touch with the concepts involved
in programming, then get to C++ :) and also to the average Joe, who just want
to make a 10 lines prog to remind him to pay the phone bill tomorrow or so...

But please, don't refer to VB ! :P