[haiku] Re: openzfs announcement

  • From: Neil Munro <neilmunro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 17:27:42 +0100

Please excuse any ignorance on my part I confess I'm not much of an expert
on Haiku (I was a bit too young for BeOS the first time) but isn't part of
what makes Haiku/BeOS what it is, the file system? I love being able to
save a query as a desktop folder, does that power not come from the file
system supporting attributes and such?

Wouldn't transitioning to ZFS either a) loose some of that or b) require a
LOT of non-mainline ZFS work to allow for feature comparison? Assume I know
very little on this subject, though would genuinely appreciate being
corrected if wrong, does ZFS supports all this?

Neil Munro