[haiku] Re: opentracker

  • From: Brian Hague <alphaseinor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 17:51:05 -0500

> Sometime soon I would like to start working on a rewrite of Deskbar,
> using proper object oriented design and some sort of MVC or MV setup.
> The existing Deskbar has some very tight coupling between its user
> interface and the data it works with, making it harder to change and
> improve.

X2 on that one...

I've been writing a couple of enhancements for deskbar that would only be
accelerated by changing it to a MVC model.
https://www.haiku-os.org/blog/stippi/2011-04-07_deskbar_rewrite
http://www.haiku-os.org/node/5074

Unfortunately for me, my coding ability has slowed with this thing called
life getting in my way... too many things going on at the same time.

Brian