[haiku] Re: opentracker

  • From: Dane <signalcaster@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 19:54:07 -0500

> Why must everything be rewritten?  Why can’t things simply be what they are?
> The Tracker has been around since Be, Inc. created it.  Why not let it remain
> as a standing testimony to the “legacy” of BeOS?  You change the core aspects
> that make Haiku the “official” offspring of BeOS, you might as well not even
> mention BeOS at all, except in passing.  And that just doesn’t seem right.

I'm mostly with you on that, though if we're going to use Be Inc. as the
standard bearer, it's worth noting that even they thought it was fun to "Easter
egg-in" a few different decors into their package.  :-). I don't see the harm
in making some fun tracker/deskbar options "available" if somebody wants to do
that.

Dane