[openbeos] Re: openbeos Digest V8 #104

  • From: Sergei Dolgov <dolgov@xxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 12:36:25 +0300

Hello Axel.
I think that too. Bruno said once, that "we don't wish to be Linux" or something alike, but I think we cannot avoid use of ported software, designed without BeOS specifics in mind:) - and there will be for sure lot of such problems. For example, I investigated, why port of AbiWord was so slow on documents "larger than one page" - it was again that infamous pressure on app_server - when AbiWord asked for char width for every char in whole documents again and again each time you do something requiring invalidation.

Regards, Sergei
Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
I am just saying I hear you, but at the same time I believe this optimization makes a lot of sense for Firefox no matter what.

I guess client side drawing would do wonders there as well :-)

Bye,
   Axel.