[openbeos] Re: openbeos Digest V6 #58

  • From: "Urias McCullough" <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 21:32:00 -0700

> What happens on bootup is that the Haiku bootloader comes up fine, but it
> can't ever find any bootable partitions, and retrying doesn't help.  I'm
> using bootman's bootloader to get to it.

FWIW, I was having problems with my Haiku HD also... it all started
after I messed around with bootman and makebootable on my Haiku
partition.  It would boot fine on one machine, but not on another.  No
matter how many times I destroyed and repartitioned with BFS, it kept
causing problems where Haiku's bootloader wouldn't see it.

I finally corrected the problem by removing all the partitions,
repartitioning as FAT and initializing, and then re-partitioning as
BFS again.

I can only assume some chunk of the disk was left in a bad state that
the Haiku bootloader couldn't cope with... by initializing as FAT, and
switching it back, it must have cleared it up.

Re-writing the MBR didn't help in my trials either.