[openbeos] Re: openbeos Digest V3 #174

  • From: Johan Josefsson <johjo117@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 22:33:48 +0200

A simple solution for "new improved looks" for R1 could be achived by changing the decorator bitmaps? Nothing spectacular, just a statement, "this is obos R1, not BeOS R5".

//wowtip

Subject: [openbeos] Re: Visual Design for R1?
From: "DarkWyrm" <bpmagic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 17:48:40 -0400 EDT

Personally speaking, a lot of work has gone into them already, and I'd hate to see work on controls which are currently done to suddenly be "not done" because of a graphical redesign. At the same time, it'd be nice to have an updated look. This is a decision for Erik or Michael officially, but I'd rather wait and see if someone decides to rework the look independently. That "one more thing" syndrome tends to prevent getting stuff out the door.