[openbeos] Re: openbeos Digest V3 #121

  • From: Olivier MILLA <methedras@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 23:32:47 +0200

Selon Jeremy Friesner <jaf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> François wrote:
>
> > XML easy to read ??? LOL
> >
> > Well, whatever.
>
> It actually is, compared to many alternatives (e.g. HTML, flattened
> BMessage binary files, text files whose proprietary parser nobody
> can remember the syntax rules for, etc).  And of course by easy to
> read I mean easy for software to read, as well as human beings.

What about using BMessages which are really handy and to create a small app
which reads up flattended BMessage and permit to edit their content ? That
would be good for everyone: handy, human-readable, can be used to be sent
(well...a BMessage...). All there would be left to do for preflets would be to
say the lists of fields flattened BMessages contains. Not a hard work! Moreover
we can use simple listing of fields which can be red by the app (one line = one
name of field, the app build up the list of fields and permit to edit
them....very very easy!)

my 2 cents,

Olivier
"A man does what he does because he sees the world as he sees it" A.K