[openbeos] Re: openbeos Digest V2 #219

  • From: "Philippe Houdoin" <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 16:44:18 +0200 (added by postmaster@wanadoo.fr)

Michael Phipps wrote:
>> Michael Phibbs don't plan binary compatibility with USB drivers, or
did I miss
>> something here?
>
> First off, there are no 'b's in my name. ;-)

I was testing my experimental String Vertical Mirror effect add-on for
BeMail.
Still many bugs to fix...
:-p

More seriously, I'm sorry.

> Secondly, the only comment I made (that I remember) about USB
compatability is
> that I don't care if the USB bus manager from R5 runs under our
kernel or not.

Oh, okay, my mistake.
It's far better than what I was thinking, because it should give us
binary compatibility for the few but already exisiting USB and PCMCIA
drivers on BeBits.

By the way, why not commit your current USB bus manager code into CVS?
Or, at least, share it on some way?

-Philippe.

--
Fortune Cookie Says: