[openbeos] Re: openbeos Digest V2 #104

  • From: Mat Hounsell <mat_geek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 18:27:51 +1000 (EST)

FYI: PPC is used extensively in embedded devices. Cars, appliances etc.

I understand that the BFS should not have to work great on a dying disk, but if
it develops a bad sector you should be able to still read almost all but the
damaged node. Otherwise one bad sector will develop before you know it and kill
your data. At Uni this was taught to me as graceful degredation. Lets not
forget the only OS that reads BFS is BeOS / OBOS so you will need to retrieve
any un backed up data.

http://www.sold.com.au - SOLD.com.au Auctions
- 1,000s of Bargains!