[openbeos] Re: on SoftwareValet for OBOS

  • From: DarkWyrm <bpmagic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 17:00:56 -0500

Although the SV/PackageBuilder setup has a bit of a learning curve for the
developer, just glossing over it gives me the impression that it has both
power and relative ease-of-use. Matt Bishop wrote an elegant freeware utility
called UnInstall for SV packages which parses the logfiles which could be
included with the distro.

Grandmas will probably find it easiest for the one-click-install kind of
thing that SV has. And I think that if someone wrote a quick-study guide for
us lazy developers, more of us would probably use it, too. Just my probably-
missing-the-point opinion.

--DW