[openbeos] Re: on SoftwareValet for OBOS

  • From: John Tegen <john.tegen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 16:44:17 -0800

There are dpkg front ends for linux. You call it up and browse the
packages. It sucks it off the internet and installs it for you. I don't
think it can get easier than this.

Also, one click to an upgrade is good. I think that this is similar to
windows, though I don't see Office support yet, like they have in debian.
:)

You cannot assume the user has an internet connection.   Plus, I wish to
have the physicall installer backed up on a CD for disaster recovery.