[openbeos] Re: on SoftwareValet for OBOS

  • From: Fred K Ollinger <follinge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 16:22:24 -0500 (EST)

> ever write to system directories.  Another thought that came up that
> was what I thought, a good idea - use attributes on the shared library
> files to "register" programs using them.  Then you could have an app
> (such as an installer/uninstaller) search the file attributes of
> installed shared libraries and remove any that had no applications
> assigned to them.  This, of course, requires that all application
> developers "registered" their programs with shared libs by adding to
> the attributes of the libs.  Food for thought.
> Deej

Oh, this is a good idea. But the developers don't need to track all
dependencies. A dedicated team who keeps ports of sw to OBOS could also do
this. I volunteer to take care of at least one important package. I still
would like to use the packages which are not made just for beos.

Fred Ollinger (follinge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
CCN sysadmin