[openbeos] Re: on SoftwareValet for OBOS

  • From: "Mark Douglas" <uk_marky_boy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 16:48:44 -0000

Ideally, the process should be simplified to the point where a computer
newbie can sit down and use the system (installing OS or some app) with as
little faffing around as possible. I'm with the KISS method, as as well as
making life easier for the newbies out there it makes my life easier as
well, which is a Good Thing. I don't really want a Linux-alike ./configure
&& make && make install for every little thing.

Also, could your mum navigate the RedHat installation proc? Mine would fall
over before the hard-disk partitioning... : )
-Mark