[haiku] Re: node.js?

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 23:37:40 -0400

On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 10:29 PM, Brian Hague <alphaseinor@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Just seeing if there is a serious port of node.js yet?

Not that I'm aware of. The first step would be to port the V8
JavaScript engine, which would be useful maybe even for WebPositive. I
think once V8 was working getting node.js would pretty much work.
Though node.js might also require some sort of event system in the
kernel, which I don't believe we have.

Generally porting something like a JavaScript engine is pretty easy,
since it generally doesn't need much from the platform. I know that
getting JavaScriptCore from WebKit working was quite easy.

--
Regards,
Ryan