[haiku] Re: (no subject)

  • From: Sean Collins <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 20:34:57 +0000

Ryan Leavengood wrote:
On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 5:27 PM, Jimmy <jimmy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Also, I was wondering what ever happened to 3DMix? That was a great concept/app
and just lacked recording.. If it had recording feature, it would be something
unique
to the Be/Haiku world in the DAW realm.

As far as I know the source code was never released by Be, so if we
wanted our own 3DMix we would have to recreate it, and there are many
other higher priority tasks. If some third party developers want to
make a new 3DMix they probably could. I'm sure someone has a copy of
the original around somewhere for purposes of reverse engineering,
plus I believe there were Be newsletter articles about it.

its in the source tree, under apps/3dmix

Sean