[haiku] Re: (no subject)

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 18:44:41 -0500

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 5:27 PM, Jimmy <jimmy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Also, I was wondering what ever happened to 3DMix? That was a great
> concept/app
> and just lacked recording.. If it had recording feature, it would be
> something unique
> to the Be/Haiku world in the DAW realm.

As far as I know the source code was never released by Be, so if we
wanted our own 3DMix we would have to recreate it, and there are many
other higher priority tasks. If some third party developers want to
make a new 3DMix they probably could. I'm sure someone has a copy of
the original around somewhere for purposes of reverse engineering,
plus I believe there were Be newsletter articles about it.

--
Regards,
Ryan