[haiku] Re: (no subject)

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 09:36:30 +0100

Hi,

On 20.02.2012 03:26, Sean Collins wrote:
Barrett wrote:
/ I made some progress to building Titan, first thing was to change the
build profile to beos from win, in the make file. After that I kept
running into api problems I did not know how to resolve. Some testing
was done by someone who still uses BeOS with a real Titan Binary, it was
very very crash prone and it may have been a r4.5 or so application.
There is likely to be some code worth salvaging there, and its the
closest thing I have seen in screen shot and running on BeOS that
resembles a modern style of DAW. If there was a media back end for QT,
there are a few QT based daws out there, but there isn't a QT media
backend, and the current solutions seems to have latency trouble from my
testing of those solutions on linux and windows.

Really guys, if you dig into a code base anyway, you may as well dig into Clockwerk. A lot about the timeline can and should be reworked and improved. It's a solid code-base and good starting point for such work. You have a relatively stable application to start with and explore. Clockwork does have bugs, but most of them result in weird behavior or graphical glitches (for example animating transformations and the like), and not in crashes. The multi-threaded architecture that it employs does work stable.

Best regards,
-Stephan